March 23, 2010

Standard Creepiness Rule



I have a gay friend whom i have known for more or less two years. Whenever I was out at a club, he was always sitting there in the corner. Whenever I asked him why he wasn't doing the same thing I did in the club, he always responded saying, "no, I have a boyfriend." But i always brushed it off and responded with another question, because I had never seen his boyfriend.

Three weeks ago, I bumped into him again, this time at a bar. I didn't really pay any attention to his surroundings whatsoever, because i found no one really interesting. So when he sprang up and introduced me to his so-called boyfriend of 3 years, I was utterly shocked.

His boyfriend of three years is not only triple his age, but he is, I'm sorry to say, pudgy, wrinkly, and short. I didn't dare at all doubt an ounce of my friend's genuine love for him, but what begged me the biggest question that night - What was he thinking when he decided to like him? or, to be much clearer, what do most people in his position think when they decide to date, say, a cougar?

It's pretty much a common occurrence in the gay world, especially in the place I come from, to see a beer-bloated geriatric, canoodling with a much younger jailbait who has barely just passed his eighteenth birthday. It's a phenomenon in most south east Asian countries, and i think it is somewhat a belief in the western countries - When you are no longer able to attract someone, go to Asia. I think i have scored a new slogan to be advertised to those seniors.

I personally follow a guideline, although not strictly, called the "half-plus-seven" relationship rule or rather well known as the, "standard creepiness rule". To know how you can calculate your "standard creepiness" age, check here:


But hey, who am I to deny the love from one individual to the nextr, when my love life is being denied by the bigoted conservative straights whose minds are apparently still stuck in the world of the stone age?

All is fair in love. not war.


2 comments:

  1. I am a gay man in a relationship with a guy half (actually less than half) my age. We're very happy.
    I think the standard we should all aspire to is that we like what we like and we love who we love, no need to justify or explain. It would make the world a much better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think the same too, yet the society still feels the need to judge. I believe if he and his partner are both happy, they should retain that.

    ReplyDelete